Roger Long Roger Long is offline

Default Back Stay Adjuster - Attention Roger

It came with the boat and is a standard item.

I don't think of it so much as a backstay tensioner but as a backstay
reliever. You can get it to the same tension with a turnbuckle but
then the hull and rig are set up like that all the time. Not having
that constant force and creep has got to be good.

With a stiff mast like mine, there isn't much sense in fine tuning the
backstay. I just horse up on it when I leave the dock and let it off
when putting the boat away.

--

Roger Long

tdw wrote in message ...
Roger,
I notice while perousing your site that you have a rather nteresting
looking backstay setup. My boat has twin back stays which has always
made adjustment a right royal pain in the bum but your setup seems
to answer this problem. Do you have any images of the setup that you
could email to me or details of your setup ? Is it a proprietory
brand product or did you make it up yourself ?
Regards
Andrew