Dave Hall

Default When would you board someone else's boat??

On Mon, 03 May 2004 13:07:44 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"Dave Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 18:04:51 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

Who's responsibility is it to clean up the droppings from the Canadian
Geese, Deer, Squirrels, Chipmunks, Foxes, Wild Turkey, Rabbits,
Occasional bears, Raccoons, Possums, Various species of birds, etc? Do
kids only pick up dog poop? When you come up with a good answer for
that, then maybe I'll entertain your fantasy.

Stupid question. NOBODY can control thousands of wild animals. But dog
owners can control their dogs and clean up after them.

Not a stupid question, but a stupid rule. What difference would it
make in the grand scheme of things if the only turds removed, in a
collection of many, were the dog's? Would the rest of them magically
disappears? Does the fact that some of us like to pretend that they
aren't really there, change the fact that they really are?

Have you ever seen the mess that can be left after a flock of Geese
roam an area for a while? Maybe you should feel lucky that an
occasional dog dropping is your only concern.

Dave

I never had multitudes of wild animals crapping on my property. Just
squirrels, whose turds seem to be invisible, one cat, who buried them
someplace where they never caused a problem, and quite a few dogs. If I
lived in the Adirondacks and deer were a problem, I would've accepted the
fact of life that you have to coexist with deer and whatever else comes
along.

Now you're starting to catch on. Expand upon that thought a little
more.......

Dave