posted to rec.boats.paddle
!Jones !Jones is offline

Default OK, now I see what the deal is!

On 3 Sep 2006 14:24:04 -0700, in rec.boats.paddle
wrote:

Devices like that are sold but I think you could just as well make your
own.

I'm not sure that I could build a similar device for under $300 ...
certainly not if I considered my labor.

The Ingham sponsons on the other hand are attached
with a strap under the boat, so you would not want to leave them in
place due to drag. They are a rescue device. What advantage they have
over a paddle float is questionable.

I have tried rolling the sleeping pads and lashing them thus. I
didn't notice any huge stability gain; however, I did notice the drag!

Jones