posted to rec.boats.paddle.touring
Gene Cosloy Gene Cosloy is offline

Default Shoulder injury during roll

A recent topic discussed the injury prone high brace. I recently
learned to roll doing the Pawlata or extended sweep roll. After
practice sessions involving up to a dozen rolls my right shoulder
really hurts. The set up under water is exactly the position everyone
warns against in the high brace: arms extended over the head elbows
above shoulder etc. So what gives- how do you protect your shoulder
during the roll? And no I don't think I can learn a hand roll anytime
soon! Any advise is appreciated.

Gene Cosloy