Gerald Gerald is offline

Default Comfortable cruising

"Gordon" wrote in message
Take a 32'Gulf Pilothouse at 16k #s with full keel and 10' beam vs a 38'
Ericson at the same displacement but fin keel and 12' beam.
I realize the Ericson is going to be faster but which will be the more
comfortable boat in a blow?
Am I wrong to assume the Erickson will act more like a cork on the waves?
Thanks
Gordon

I have never owned or sailed on either. It may depend on what type of
sailing you plan on doing. I spent most of my adult sailing life cruising.
Personnaly, I would lean towards a pilothouse. Having a nice dry, warm (or
cool) and SAFE place to navigate from while underway makes up for a lot of
other shortcomings.