posted to rec.boats.electronics,rec.boats.cruising
Donald Lancaster Donald Lancaster is offline

Default AIS Miracle near Liverpool!

Ronnie wrote:
On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 16:48:50 -0400, Larry wrote:

http://www.aisliverpool.org.uk/shows...mmsi=234983000

The S/V "Ben My Chree", a 12,504 gt Ro-Ro/Passenger vessel is, to quote
their AIS beacon "underway by SAIL" headed for Heysham. She's making over
19 knots!

What an interesting site.

From the site's 'maps' page, I clicked through to this map:
http://www.aisliverpool.org.uk/currentmap.php?map=33
but at the time of posting, there are no ships shown on it. Is that
because there are no ships there at the moment, or because the site is
(obviously) Liverpool oriented, and this map is outside the area they
want to cover?

There's plenty going on now, 11 vessels, so I imagine the site was down.