posted to rec.boats.building
AZ baby AZ baby is offline

Default Polyester Resin, Please help

Generally not used -- however, Glen L Marine Designs says "Some of the
smallest designs offer Polyester options. As a rule, we do not
recommend polyester for filleting, however, we do feel it is acceptable
on these boats. When using a polyester Stitch-N-Glue Kit, the wood is
not encapsulated (coated with resin). Polyester coatings, applied
without cloth, will crack."

mscres@fda wrote:
I'm a New Bee. I like to build my boat for the first time. I want to know if
I can use polyester resin for the 'stitch and glue' method. This is the only
material available and affordable in my place.
Thanks.