Dustin

Default Bush skips oath, as well as truth

Heh yeah in a sense you're right, this ideal view of the presidency is
definitely not the same as it was many years ago. I think it weakens
the country when our president is seen on television being forced to
answer questions in an interrogation, no doubt. But the true fault
lies in the people who put these characters in office. I was one who
voted for Bush because I felt the alternative was much, much worse
(picturing Al Gore handling 9/11 is extremely scary), but lets face
it, we haven't had a reasonable candidate to vote for since the US
population became truly incompetent and elections started being
decided based on who has the "presidential look" on television and of
course the media bias.

On Sun, 02 May 2004 21:32:37 -0400, thunder
wrote:

On Mon, 03 May 2004 01:15:31 +0000, Dustin wrote:

We're talking about the President of the United States of America, so I
would hope the President is treated with respect not for the man he is
(because anyone can question that), but for the position he represents.
Whether it's George Bush, Bill Clinton, or whoever, the office is to be
respected.

That is easily overlooked after the damage several of our recent office
holders have done to the office, but I would agree that there is something
demeaning to the office by the act of swearing to tell the truth. We
should be able to assume the President is telling the truth.