thunder

Default Bush skips oath, as well as truth

On Mon, 03 May 2004 01:15:31 +0000, Dustin wrote:

We're talking about the President of the United States of America, so I
would hope the President is treated with respect not for the man he is
(because anyone can question that), but for the position he represents.
Whether it's George Bush, Bill Clinton, or whoever, the office is to be
respected.

That is easily overlooked after the damage several of our recent office
holders have done to the office, but I would agree that there is something
demeaning to the office by the act of swearing to tell the truth. We
should be able to assume the President is telling the truth.