Glenn Ashmore

Default pumpout log/tank treatment ???

That's a new one. I know that subsidized pump out stations must keep a
log but I am not aware of any rules for individual boats. Is this a
state regulation?

wrote:
Hi,

Today there was a knock at the door, which resulted in
a warning for not having a pumpout log. I haven't had
the boat long, and so far haven't needed to pump it
out. But I guess I'll go do it so I can start the log. What
all needs to be on it? Date, time, and location of the
pumpout station...is that about all?

I have a bottle of West Marine Heavy Duty Head &
Holding Tank Treatment. It says add 2 ounces of
treatment and 1 pint of water for every 10 gallons
of tank capacity. I guess that should be gotten into
the tank by flushing it down the toilet, instead of
putting it in the top of the tank? The tank is only about
half full...should I fill it up more with water after adding
the treatment? How long should I let the treatment work
before pumping out?

Thanks,
David

--