posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

Default Useless propeller

Paladin wrote:
As long as we're talking about vaporization via low pressure
we're, by definition, not talking about boiling.

Nobody except you is istalking about vaporization via low
pressure. Everybody else seems to grasp the concept of
specific heat, heat being a form of energy, and
pressure/phase relationships. In other words, everybody but
you has a grasp of high school physics, which ia why I'm
still trying to explain it to you while everybody else has
moved on.

| Is that what your dictionary says? That it's only boiling if
| X amount, or greater, of heat is added?

Paladin wrote:
The dictionary defines boil this way: "to heat or become heated to a temperature (boiling point) at which vapor is formed and rises
in bubbles water ~s and changes to steam..."

But the water boils with less heat added when on a mountain
top, correct? That means that the *amount* of heat to be
added is not the determining factor in whether it is
boiling. It can be greater or lesser.

Unless your dictionary defines a minimum amount of heat to
be added, which it doesn't, then you cannot exclude
vaporizing fluid under circumstances of reduced pressure
from the term "boiling."

Just like your attempt to claim that your dictionary
definition excludes propellors as devices for boiling, on
which subject it is silent.... you just make stuff up.

| I think you're an imposter. The real CraptonŽ would never
| have cribbed an important definition like that.

Paladin wrote:
Cribbed? I gave the link. How do you know I'm not Steve Colgate?

I've met Steve Colgate.

DSK