posted to alt.sailing.asa
Paladin Paladin is offline

Default Useless propeller

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message ...
| Paladin, or Gilly?
|
| I see and awful lot of posting about "Boiling water", "Vapors &
| vaporization" and I'm yet to see a mention of "Steam".
|
| What is Steam? Is it a Vapor? Is it a Gas? Is it uncondenced liquid?

Steam is the vapor into which water is turned when heated to boiling.

| What is "Humidity?" Is it a Vapor or a Gas?

Humidity is the amount of atmosphic moisture usually expressed
as a percentage.

| The Symbol for Water is H2O; Two parts Hydrogen, one part Oxygen,
|What is the Symbol for Water Vapor?

H2O

|What is the Symbol for "Relative Humidity?"

Has an abreviation --- R.H. but, doesn't have a symbol as relative humidity is the
actual vapor density divided by the saturation vapor density times 100%

| Relating it to Cavitation and "Useless Propeller" , what is the chemical
| composition of those bubbles formed in Cavitation?

That's a difficult question as the bubbles contain water vapor, NaCl,
CaCl, some metal particals or ions from the propeller, some diatoms
and copapods, algae, etc. etc.

| A bum ASA member is asking the greater MINDS of this discussion?

Greater minds? That would certainly include me.

Paladin