Ed Ed is offline

Default guns in the Bahamas

Yes it is legal and acceptable....

you MUST declare them on your incoming paperwork along with EVERY ROUND
of ammo... DO NOT ESTIMATE.... also the serial number must be accurate.
They may check.

You may not take them off the boat

You MUST have them under lock and key (not just hidden in the flybridge
but a real lock)

There must be a reasonable number for the size of the boat..... (I had
four on board a 33' boat one time many years ago and they did let me in
but questioned the heck out of me for about 30 minutes and wanted to see
them.)

Dr. Di wrote:
Does anyone have recent experience with the rules concerning sailing in
the Bahamas with handguns aboard? Is it legal and/or acceptable?

Diana