Harry Krause

Default Fish and Ski I/O

HugYourPug wrote:

The local dealer has a Tahoe Q4 with a 190 Mercruiser as an option. At my age I
am not sure I need to be the speed demon of my youth, bus suspect that it might
add to resale at some point. Is this a reliable drivetrain? And how about
Tahoe?

If you treat them gently and service them properly and regularly, almost
all boat powertrains these days will last a long time. While I/O's are
parity products, the quality of their installation varies. Manufacturers
of price boats install the engines cheaply, on weak stringers, with
crummy instruments or wiring, and might not even bother to align the
drive exactly. That said, I known nothing about Tahoe boats and can't
recall ever seeing one.