posted to rec.boats.paddle.whitewater
Jakob Bauer Jakob Bauer is offline

Default WW kayaks and body size / Eskimo Cerro / alternatives

Hello,

I'm 190 cm, and have real trouble finding a kayak that really fits me.
I'm looking to do WW categories II/III, maybe IV, nothing fancy (no
rodeo or races).

My club has a wide selection of try-out kayaks (whose quality I cannot
really judge), and most of them I can not enter at all, the legs and
feet don't get in far enough. They have an old Eskimo Gattino, which
fits barely, with lots of pressure points (hurts like hell after a
while).

I was thinking about trying / buying the Eskimo Cerro, but have to take
a long drive to a shop to test it first-hand. Is anyone here rather
large as well, and uses the Cerro? Is it comfortable for the bigger
fellow?

Are there tips to work around the problem somehow? Or is 190 cm just
beyond the usual WW kayak size?

Thanks in advance,
Jakob