Default Kettle to boil water

Good observation "You must drink an awful lot of coffee to make such
experiments worthwhile. "
We drink on average 2 to 3 cups per day. The issue is fuel. With my
existing boat I can only carry so much.
We cruise the St. John river system, Bay of Fundy, South shore of Nova
Scotia and the State of Maine. The Marinas are few and far between. They
do not always have alcohol or propane. During the hot summer months a non
pressurized alcohol stove, even when not in use, will lose fuel by
evaporation. Hopefully I will have two ten pounds propane tanks on board my
next boat.

wrote in message
oups.com...

You must drink an awful lot of coffe
to make such experiments worthwile.

wrote:
Thanks for your feedback. My old kettle has been banged around in heavy
weather and still works. Over the years I learned that with the aluminium
kettles they tend to leak at the bottom seam after being banged around
too
many times.

Yesterday, I made tests and learned that my home GE electric kettle
boiled a
1 quart of water in four minutes and 30 secs.

The expensive SS Langustina with a thick bottom plate did the same at max
on
our electric stove top in seven m and 18 secs. The Canadian Tires SS
kettle
with thin bottom boiled the 1 quart in eight m and 38 secs.

Testing on propane or alcohol would give different results in timing.

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message
et...

wrote in message
I wonder what would be the best and most economical kettle to use to
boil
water while cruising.
For year I have used an aluminium enclosed kettle with a whilst on a
Origo non pressurized alcohol stove.
I did not any better ( and still do) and was satisfy with the time to
bring water to a boil, the pouring and the filling.
Today I am looking at propane and the purchase of a new kettle and I
wonder what would be the best buy?
On a long cruise/crossing the more time it takes to bring water to a
boil means more propane.

The kettle you've been using should work just fine. Personally, I
prefer
stainless steel, and I think you'll find that it retains heat longer
than
aluminum, but to each their own.