posted to alt.sailing.asa
Gilligan Gilligan is offline

Default Useless propeller

"Paladin" noneofyourbusiness.www wrote in message

"Gilligan" wrote in message
. ..

| http://encarta.msn.com/media_4615415...for_Water.html

The diagram proves my point. Since there is no significant temperature
change involved with a propeller but there is a significant pressure
change
then the water does not vaporize because it boils. Rather it vaporizes
because
of the pressure change.

I'm just so brilliant. You can't even manage to misdirect me.

I can't misdirect you, but I can set you straight.

When water boils, as in your kettle, those "bubbles" are water vapor
suspended in the liquid water.

Cavitation is caused by the propeller slipping on water vapor suspended in
the liquid water.

Would it then be reasonable to say that cavitation is caused by water
boiling?

OR

Cavitation can only happen in your tea kettle?