Chuck Gould Chuck Gould is offline

Default Despite fuel prices, towboat captains report no general nationwide decrease in boating

JimH wrote:

Good conditions on Lake Erie this year? We have had more than our share of
weekends washed out by rain or white caps, with this holiday weekend
predicted to be in that group.

You wouldn't get much boating done in the Pacific NW if you were put
off by rain or by whitecaps. I guess it's a reasonable trade; we don't
get the hot as Hades summer weather you enjoy back in the midwest and
nobody up here does much swimming in the salt water......but on the
other hand those folks who don't mind wearing a rain slicker and
willing to put up with some moderate chop can go boating at least one
or two weekends
every month of the year.