posted to rec.boats.building
Nigel Nigel is offline

Default How to store integral gas fuel tank during work?

wrote in message
Hello;

I have acquired a small runabout that needs some work. Gonna work on
upholstery, etc. for the next winter, and perhaps longer... :-)

She runs OK at present, and has an integral gas fuel tank in the floor.

I can run the engine dry, then fog it and leave it, so not much problem
there.

How shall I 'store' the tank, given I don't know the length of time
involved,
and want to stay safe as well.

If I was sure it was just the winter, then full of gas with stabil added
would
be fine, but there is a possibility that it won't be done by then. :-)

Would 'empty' be better then?
Thanks for any advice.
sdg

I once needed to get a petrol tank welded on a motorcycle. The guy who was
to weld it was obviously a bit fussy about how I cleaned it. I was told to
fill with water and drain it several times, then steam it, I used an
electric kettle, but I guess your tank is a bit bigger so maybe a steam
cleaner would do the job.