posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.racing
Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Sport boat?

On 28 Aug 2006 18:33:56 +0200, (Martin Schöön)
wrote:

I met a guy who told me
that everyone who told me it was impossible to capsize monos
didn't know what they were talking about. He had hugged a keel
of a J-24 after a violent gybe. The J-24 stayed 180 untill helped
back on its feet.

There are any number of J-24s that have been capsized and sunk,
including several at one time in the same race. I once knew a guy who
had turtled one on Long Island Sound. It stayed afloat for a while
but eventually the cabin air escaped through the sink drain and it
sank.