Reginald P. Smithers III Reginald P. Smithers III is offline

Default OT Glad for Vonage!

basskisser wrote:
Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:

Why do you think there is anything unusual in Gene's experience being
different than the others?

Uh, oh, Reggie, now you've got Jim going on one of his monthly period
bipolar rants!!
Funny, do you remember how much he used to detest Harry? And now that
he made a complete fool of himself with his bipolar rants, Harry is the
only one that wants anything to do with him? So, in turn if anybody
says anything to Harry that JimH doesn't like, he's right there to
defend him. Most ladies stand up for their man, too.

Bass,
I have JimH filtered so I really see very little of his posts, you
should do the same.

I discussed Vonage not to get into a fight with Harry or anyone else but
to highlight a company that I have been very pleased with the quality of
voice transmission and their overall service. I have been 100% please
with my service, and I hope they continue to grow and succeed, but only
time will tell. Since I really don't care if Harry uses Vonage, and
have not tried to convince him to change his service, I can't figure out
why he has made this a personal issue between those who like Vonage and
those that don't.

I am sure there are others just like Gene who have used Vonage and have
not been pleased. I used to get frustrated with MaBell not because of
bad voice transmission, but because they were completely inflexible in
their handling of customer service issues. They had a monopoly, they
knew it, and the customers could learn how to do business their way. It
was Henry Ford's old philosophy, "the customer can have any color car
they want as long as it is Black".

As Business Week said :
Win or lose, Vonage's dash for customers is shaking an entire industry.

Like other Net-based upstarts -- TiVo Inc. (TVO ) and Netflix Inc., to
name two --
Vonage wields outsize influence. It's pushing larger competitors to
embrace the Net
and to slash their rates. And once those rivals take the plunge, they
hurry to generate
sales with other services, from e-mail access over the phone to new TV
hookups.
Vonage subscriptions have jumped 63% this year, to 700,000.
Some 15,000 more jump on board every week.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine...5/b3938626.htm

With 15,000 new customers a week, you are going to have some problems,
especially with a technology that relies on your ISP, your cable modem
and your computer. For most of us in rec.boats it was a very easy
transition, but I would never recommend it to my 80 yr old mother in
law. Vonage will change local telephone service the same way Sprint and
MCI and others changed Long Distance Services. It is hard to tell how
it will shake out, but the days of MaBell's monopoly are over. That was
the purpose of my discussion of Vonage, I never meant to make it
personal issue and I can't figure out why Harry has made it a personal
issue of Vonage users vs. NonVonage users.