JohnH JohnH is offline

Default OT Glad for Vonage!

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 09:51:49 -0400, Gene Kearns wrote:

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:38:16 -0400, JohnH wrote:

Did you do any speed tests while undergoing these problems? Slow speeds
create havoc. Luckily, Cox has done pretty fair with the speed.

Speed wasn't the problem, I've got really good connect rates. What
*was* the problem was a complete lack of tech support. I never had to
recycle the modem between "outages." Vonage would run fine for 2-3
months and then just quit..... and I'd be without phone service for
3-4 days. They had no clue what the problem was and had no idea how to
fix it. They also had no clue why it started working again.

My current VoIP is flawless.....

Unplug and plug *once* wouldn't have been a problem. Plugging and
unplugging for 2 hours straight... until the cell phone died *WAS* a
problem.
--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC. http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/

Who do you have now? I'm using Sunrocket and have been very happy with the
customer support, even if they are hard to understand at times!
***** Hope your day is great! *****

John