Reginald P. Smithers III Reginald P. Smithers III is offline

Default OT Glad for Vonage!

Harry Krause wrote:
Gene Kearns wrote:
On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:38:16 -0400, JohnH wrote:

Did you do any speed tests while undergoing these problems? Slow speeds
create havoc. Luckily, Cox has done pretty fair with the speed.

Speed wasn't the problem, I've got really good connect rates. What
*was* the problem was a complete lack of tech support. I never had to
recycle the modem between "outages." Vonage would run fine for 2-3
months and then just quit..... and I'd be without phone service for
3-4 days. They had no clue what the problem was and had no idea how to
fix it. They also had no clue why it started working again.

My current VoIP is flawless.....

Unplug and plug *once* wouldn't have been a problem. Plugging and
unplugging for 2 hours straight... until the cell phone died *WAS* a
problem.
--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.
http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/

Gosh, Gene, your experience flies in the face of so many others. How
could this possibly have happened? :}

Harry,
It is possible that Gene's experience and the experience of others are
all correct, they represent the experiences each individual faced when
dealing with Vonage or VOIP.

I can think of no reason why Gene would lie about his experience, and I
can not think of any reason why any of the other people would lie about
their experience using Vonage or VOIP. I know if I had Gene's problems
I would be relating my experience to everyone I talked to.

The only two times I had to contact Vonage Customer Service is when I
first set the phone system up, it went very smoothly and quickly. The
2nd time was when I replaced my computer and had to reestablish my modem
IP. I had tried to reboot the modem on my own unsuccessfully, the tech
recommended I disconnect both modems, reboot my cable modem first, then
plug my telephone modem in second. That was the last time I had to
contact their Customer Service. My total time on the phone was about
10-15 min. the first time, and about 5-8 min. the 2nd time. When I
returned my Dell and purchased my Gateway, I didn't have to contact
Vonage Customer Service, I just booted my cable modem first, then my
telephone modem once the cable modem was up and running. I takes about
10 secs for each modem to reboot.

My experience might not be typical, Gene's experience might not be
typical, or it is possible that they have a wide range of service
levels. .

The one thing I am fairly certain of is no one in here is lying about
their experience in using VOIP.

Why do you think there is anything unusual in Gene's experience being
different than the others?