Wayne.B

Default Feliz Cumpleanos, and time to get real about a boating paradise

On 13 Aug 2003 18:33:34 GMT, (Gould 0738) wrote:
When did we start that boycott? Forty years ago? Heck of an effective policy.
It will probably topple the Castro regime- any decade now, just watch. :-)

The problem that I see is that the issue is very politicized with the
anti-Castro Cuban community in the US. They form a very vocal and
powerful voting bloc which few politicians are willing to rile. It
will take someone with impeccable and unimpeachable conservative
credentials to make the first move, similar to Nixon restoring
relations with China back in the 70s. I'm also looking forward to
cruising Cuba from my new home base in SW Florida but I think it
probably will not happen while Castro is still alive.