posted to rec.boats.electronics,rec.boats.cruising
Larry Larry is offline

Default AIS Miracle near Liverpool!

"Dennis Pogson" wrote in
:

The original Ben My Cree (pronounced BenMcRee) was owned by the Isle
of Man Steam Packet Company and was a passenger-only ship in the
1930's. I think the company owned 2 or 3 such vessels. My father was
an authority on Liverpool and it's many ferries and took me on the Ben
My Cree at the age of 6 to the Isle of Man.

Wow...What a fantastic story, Dennis! Anything else you can add like this
would be most appreciated by all, I'm sure.

I'm a Liverpool AIS addict, I'm afraid. Every port in the world should
have some sort of organisation to implement this fantastic software in
their port. It wouldn't take a lot of money do make it happen.

I feel I'm in good company with you. I've been calling to Davey Jones over
the handrail for 40 years, myself...(c; The first day at sea is always my
most useless, then I seem to settle out with the motion and it can be
really rough before I feel queasy again.

Again, thanks for this history of the Ben My Cree and your connection with
it. There aren't enough sea stories on r.b.c. in between the engine and
head maintenance stories...(c;

--
There's amazing intelligence in the Universe.
You can tell because none of them ever called Earth.