posted to rec.boats.electronics,rec.boats.cruising
Larry Larry is offline

Default AIS Miracle near Liverpool!

Don W wrote in news:t3aIg.2768
:

I looked at the site. Not nearly as useful as the
liverpool site. Sure are a lot of ships in the
Houston ship channel!!

I would suspect there is quite a race to unload Houston and other possible
targets like New Orleans onto the ships and get as much product, especially
oil at $3/gallon out and away from the storm. Look at the tanker traffic.

Here's one of my favorite weather websites, spam free, from the students at
Plymouth State College in NH, who do a wonderful job at bringing us a huge
variety of weather data you'll find useful. This is the tropical weather
page I've used for many years:

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/tropical.html

When you get hot or come in from mowing the lawn, load up the Mt Washington
page and cool off. Yesterday there was a heat wave on the summit! It was
over 36F! Whew!...(c;

--
There's amazing intelligence in the Universe.
You can tell because none of them ever called Earth.