posted to rec.boats.building
Alex Alex is offline

Default how to make launching wheels for small boat????

"sandy" wrote in message
oups.com...

John wrote:
BTW have you seen this?

http://www.alaska.net/~fritzf/Boats/...phib_boats.htm

No, I hadn't seen it. Thanks for the link! I've just started looking
through it and am betting that I'll find all sorts of projects for
current and future boats.

Sandy

A good source of wide, cheap wheels is your local Goodwill or Salvation
Army. Buy one or two Big Wheel toys or some similar children's toy with big,
rigid plastic "tires." They are light, reasonably strong, and cannot rust.
Used on a simple wooden frame as above, or an inverted "T" that fits in a
centerboard trunk, they are great for a very light boat. If the launching
dolly gets broken, lost or stolen, you are only out a few bucks and an hour
or so of work.
For Sandy's situation, even with a transom-mounted set of commercial wheels,
she may want a "Big Wheels" dolly at the front to help with the weight.
Alex