posted to rec.boats.electronics,rec.boats.cruising
Larry Larry is offline

Default AIS Miracle near Liverpool!

Don W wrote in news:bn3Ig.18484
:

Are there any similar sites that track shipping
around the USA? I'd love to see a similar web
page for the Texas gulf coast.

http://www.aislive.com/

Once you sign up and get the world map, click on the USA. Once you open
the USA, you'll only see a few stars, the few sites on aislive. Click
the star out in the Gulf of Mexico south of Galveston and it will open
the map with all the contacts from the Mississippi to Corpus Christi.

It's a pay-me-money site, but they have a public freebie if you simply
sign up you can see ship traffic that's delayed an hour or more.

I can't imagine anyone paying to see aislive, which sucks in comparison
to the fantastic AIS Liverpool website. They all should have Liverpool's
software....

Man, the Houston Ship Channel looks like I-95 when the Yankees are goin'
South!

I think they're all trying to beat the hurricane before it gets in the
Gulf and tears up the coast, again. The current track takes it right
towards poor New Orleans, again, tonight!

It's gonna tear up a lotta new trailers! Wonder if FEMA provided them
with HURRICANE ANCHORS?!

--
There's amazing intelligence in the Universe.
You can tell because none of them ever called Earth.