posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.energy.renewable,alt.survival,rec.boats.cruising
Harbin Osteen Harbin Osteen is offline

Default Diesel powered bike, will run on biodiesel

Snip.....

Biodiesel is just replacing one type of emission with another - and it
takes a lot of power to harvest/process the stuff. For these types of
purposes, there is an ancient form of power, called human power.

Snip....

Yes, it does replace one emmission with another, but it is at least
a closed carbon cycle. You take up carbon when you grow the
crop (and my prefered crop is alge, which will double in 24 to
48 hours) and relese it when burned in combustion.
Human power is great, but not for everything, just as the
diesel bike is not good for everything, but fills a nitch that
could be useful to some.

--

SeeYaa Harbin Osteen KG6URO

!sdohtem noitpyrcne devorppa-tnemnrevog troppus I
-