posted to rec.boats.electronics,rec.boats.cruising
Larry Larry is offline

Default AIS Miracle near Liverpool!

http://www.aisliverpool.org.uk/shows...mmsi=234983000

The S/V "Ben My Chree", a 12,504 gt Ro-Ro/Passenger vessel is, to quote
their AIS beacon "underway by SAIL" headed for Heysham. She's making over
19 knots!

Looking at the picture, I can't tell whether she's a sloop or ketch. She
must have had her masts laying on the deck when the picture was snapped....
(c;

Wind must be blowing like hell in the Irish Sea, tonight, to get that kind
of speed out of any sails!....hee hee.

Somebody call MXLG on VHF and ask 'em how tall the masts are!

--
There's amazing intelligence in the Universe.
You can tell because none of them ever called Earth.