Sam D Sam D is offline

Default OT Glad for Vonage!

"basskisser" wrote in message
ps.com...

Again, comprehension. In never said where ANY company said that VOIP is
"approved". For that matter, I just looked at my contract with my
security company, and it doesn't even say that Bell South is
"approved". Mine does, however work flawlessly with my VOIP.

There are FCC rules and regulations that cover every piece of equipment, the
POTS service itself, and the monitoring company in a home security system
that is connected to the POTS network. These rules and regs protect you and
give you legal standing if they fail to perform to specifications. Once you
disconnect the alarm system from POTS, your on your own, there are no FCC
rules and regulations that govern an alarm system connected to VOIP.

So, in a nutshell, your company does not have to "approve" Bellsouth as a
carrier since the performance of a monitored security system on POTS is
governed by Federal law.