basskisser basskisser is offline

Default OT Glad for Vonage!

Jack Goff wrote:
On 25 Aug 2006 08:53:39 -0700, "basskisser"
wrote:

JimH wrote:
"Jack Goff" wrote in message
On 25 Aug 2006 04:50:11 -0700, "basskisser"
wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:
basskisser wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:
JohnH wrote:
On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 11:17:38 -0400, Harry Krause

wrote:

basskisser wrote:
This morning the phones in the neighborhood where I live were all
out.
I didn't even know it, because I have comcast high speed and
vonage! I
asked the Bellsouth Technician why he was checking the line in
front of
my house, because I was going to tell him it's dead to my house
because
I don't have Bellsouth. He said he was checking because some
digital
device that serves the whole neighborhood went out, and they are
trying
to restore service!!!

Wonderful. Our security alarm system sent out a letter recently
advising
customers NOT to transfer to VOIP unless they leave a wired
traditional
phone line in place or subscribe to a special, new, expensive cell
service.

Wanna guess why?

The security company says it is working on a VOIP solution but so
far,
it "is not reliable."
If the security company isn't reliable, I'd get a new one.

You've identified many reasons why you can't switch to VOIP. That's
shame, and we all feel sorry for you.

Most of the major home security company connect lines do not work
with
VOIP, I've since learned.

Why? The signal goes out of your house just exactly as it does with a
landline. Brinks works just great with VOIP

Well, despite advice to the contrary from Reggie and his boy Herring,
ADT says the following:

Perhaps you should change your security company to one that is up to
date and able to work with new fangled equipment!

What company is that, bass? The one you use? Who is it? I'm not
aware of any that say the use of VoIP phone service is approved.

It looks like Kevin does not understand the difference between a "security"
company and a "central station alarm monitoring" company.

BTW, I called Brinks and they said they would not recommend their service
when one uses VOIP and they could not offer any guarantee they could or
would receive the signal. ;-)

Jim, you are so full of ****!!!! Who did you talk to at Brinks? give me
a name, and a number, you liar!
I can tell you for a fact, I have VOIP, AND Brinks, and they work
flawlessly. Your petty diatribe above is just fluff.

I talked to a rep at Brinks today, since they are my provider. They
"strongly suggest" not to use Vonage. Further, they say that to
attempt it, they must come out and install a $90 filter on the line to
get it to work, and that is not always successful.

It seems to be working for you. Is it solid, or just barely working?
You can't really know. without a lot of expensive specialized test
equipment. Be thankful it's working now.

Every weekly test comes back flawlessly. NEVER had a problem, ever. MY
Brinks system does a weekly test, no need for expensive equipment.
Every Wednesday.