posted to rec.boats.building
keith_nuttle keith_nuttle is offline

Default Missing and/or broken mainsail battens.

I don't know what is available in Canada, but any of the marine supply
houses should have something that you can use.

I bought mine from West marine. They were a little long but I was able
to trim them to size. I have heard others who have bought batten blanks
and cut them to size.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...allpartial/0/0

or www.westmarine.com and search for batten.

You may also try some of the web sites for other supply places or the
manufactures of sails.

One idea I heard but am not sure of appeared on a forum I visit
frequently. They went down to the local hardware and bought yard sticks
and cut them to size.

terry wrote:
Westerly Tiger mainsail battens missing or broken.

Each batten is plastic and about 35 mm wide by 4mm thick.

Three of them; about one metre long.

Have made some identical battens from Canadian spruce.

Would welcome opinions about these spruce ones being satisfactory?

TIA Terry.