Reginald P. Smithers III Reginald P. Smithers III is offline

Default OT Glad for Vonage!

Harry Krause wrote:
Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:
Gene Kearns wrote:
On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 13:08:54 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
wrote:

Gene,
I am curious, how long ago was this disaster with Vonage? I listen
to Clark Howard and I know the love to jump all over any company
that is not providing good service. Based upon your history, I
would not be making any changes in the near future. I am glad my
history has been the exact opposite. It was the Clark Howard Show
that made me even think about making the change, they have had users
calling in for months talking about the quality and the ease of set
up. I think it was Bassy and and a few others in rec.boats that
convinced me to try it. With the 30 day free trial period, it was a
painless way to 'test" VOIP. I didn't port over my phone number
until I was comfortable with the quality of the line and Vonage
overall service.
I got away from vonage about 3 months ago. Apparently, Clark is
gradually changing his mind, too.... go to:

http://clarkhoward.com/shownotes/category/155/156/297/
--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.
http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/

It looks like your call, along with other callers did register with
Clark Howard. While Clark has not had any problems with VOIP he has
noticed an increase in listners complaints. The date on the show
matches up with the time frame of your complaint, I wonder if they
have improved their customer service or if I am just an easy custimer
to satisfy. I haven't had to talk to customer service since I
installed the modem, but when I did I had no problems, and it was a
fairly quick and painless call. Now my call to DELL customer service
was another thing. Whatever you do, DON'T BUY A DELL.

Gee, I never had any problems with Dell, even back when I was moderator
of its PC group on CIS.

Harry,
You need to purchase a new computer from Dell, and talk to their
customer service dept, you would love them. I had purchased 6 computers
from Dell w/o any problems, until my last one. I will never purchase
another one. After 5 hrs on customer non service, I returned the
computer and purchased a Gateway w/ AMD. I had a blue screen of death,
with a hard drive problem, but instead of sending out a tech to replace
the hard drive, they had me unplugging and plugging in every component
and then restarting the computer. After 5 hrs. I asked for a RA and
sent the computer back to Dell.

The in home service really doesn't exist, as the phone tech told me, I
was "trouble shooting" and once I identified the problem, then they
would "service" the problem. They told me it could take 100's of hours
to "trouble shoot" before they "serviced" my computer.