Reginald P. Smithers III Reginald P. Smithers III is offline

Default OT Glad for Vonage!

Gene Kearns wrote:
On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 13:08:54 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
wrote:

Gene,
I am curious, how long ago was this disaster with Vonage? I listen to
Clark Howard and I know the love to jump all over any company that is
not providing good service. Based upon your history, I would not be
making any changes in the near future. I am glad my history has been
the exact opposite. It was the Clark Howard Show that made me even
think about making the change, they have had users calling in for months
talking about the quality and the ease of set up. I think it was Bassy
and and a few others in rec.boats that convinced me to try it. With the
30 day free trial period, it was a painless way to 'test" VOIP. I
didn't port over my phone number until I was comfortable with the
quality of the line and Vonage overall service.

I got away from vonage about 3 months ago. Apparently, Clark is
gradually changing his mind, too.... go to:

http://clarkhoward.com/shownotes/category/155/156/297/
--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC. http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/

It looks like your call, along with other callers did register with
Clark Howard. While Clark has not had any problems with VOIP he has
noticed an increase in listners complaints. The date on the show
matches up with the time frame of your complaint, I wonder if they have
improved their customer service or if I am just an easy custimer to
satisfy. I haven't had to talk to customer service since I installed
the modem, but when I did I had no problems, and it was a fairly quick
and painless call. Now my call to DELL customer service was another
thing. Whatever you do, DON'T BUY A DELL.