posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.energy.renewable,alt.survival,rec.boats.cruising
Larry Larry is offline

Default Diesel powered bike, will run on biodiesel

"Harbin Osteen" wrote in
:

It was
said that
it gets about 130 miles per gallon in one article that I read. It
would also be great
for some boaters that cruise to undevloped areas. You can fuel it from
your own
fuel tanks, and cruise from your ancorage to explore, or restock your
supplies that
you may have to lug for some distance. This has been a problem for
some who cruise the cannals in Europe, where some barges are large
enough to carry a car, some are not.

I wonder how may "miles-per-centrifugal-clutch" it gets on biodiesel?

I remember centrifugal clutches from many small vehicles. "Self-
consuming" comes to mind.

Note to boaters....it ISN'T street legal in the USA. Point moot.

Those concerned with the environment can reduce emissions to zero by NOT
buying one of these and STAYING HOME. How many are towed on a trailer by
some environazi behind their Ford Expedition?....(c;

Yeah, right....

My nuclear-powered scooter works great on the boats. Folds flat for easy
storage and recharging:
http://tinyurl.com/q7hj6

16 miles at 8mph. Also not street legal, but our cops treat it like a
geriatric electric vehicle so you can ride it on the scooter-friendly
sidewalks without harassment...(c; Recharges in about 3 hours from dead.

--
There's amazing intelligence in the Universe.
You can tell because none of them ever called Earth.