Stevie524 via BoatKB.com Stevie524 via BoatKB.com is offline

Default Monomatic system

Thanks for the info on the Monomatic. Will try and replace the unit with a
portapot since we don't spend long periods of time on the boat. Not sure how
to remove the unit. Looks like the whole thing is built into the floor.

Peggie Hall wrote:
Just purchased a74 Gibson House with a Monomatic San. System.
Have no idea how it works,or if it still does work. Can I get some help with
this.

The Monogram Monomatic is a recirculating toilet that--along with a
couple other recirculators--was only around for short time in the late
'70s....it was discontinued around 1980...no parts have been available
since at least 1985.

How it works: The tank holds 5 gallons, 3 of which are mix of chemical
(no longer available either) and water. That witches brew becomes both
the flush water AND the holding tank...you get to inspect--and smell,
along with the chemical--the previous deposits with each new use. When
the tank is full, push a button to discharge the tank overboard at sea
or have it pumped out.

My advice: Replace it with a decent quality marine toilet and tank or
treatment device.