basskisser basskisser is offline

Default OT Glad for Vonage!

Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:
Gene Kearns wrote:
On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 10:46:55 -0400, " JimH" not telling you @
pffftt.com wrote:

BTW, I called Brinks and they said they would not recommend their service
when one uses VOIP and they could not offer any guarantee they could or
would receive the signal. ;-)

I would hazard a guess that no company would "guarantee" their
performance based on the reliance of performance of a third
company....

However, based on personal experience, I wouldn't even "expect" that
Vonage could reliably carry voice communication.....

...go figure....
--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC. http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/
-----------------

Gene,
What personal experience leads you to believe Vonage can not reliably
carry voice communications? I am not really a "techie", but I would
think Vonage's quality would be a direct correlation to the quality of
your ISP or am I missing something?

Mine has never gone out. I can't WAIT for JimH to give the the number
and the name of the person he spoke to at Brinks!!!
He claims that person said they couldn't "guarantee" it will work with
VOIP. Do the "guarantee" that it will work with each and every land
line??