posted to rec.boats.paddle
[email protected] McCreaPaddler@gmail.com is offline

Default Trip Report - Pocomoke Weekend of Rivers 2006

Wilko wrote:

Oh, and what's with the spam in all those pictures?

About the Spam can -

I've begun selecting some small iconic item to accompany us on the
year's trips, to be photographed with the year's paddling partners
in every venue and situation. At year's end the photos of the iconic
item are assembled into a giant photo collage for the Duckhead award
ceremony.

This year that item is a can of Spam.

Last year a Budweiser can accompany me on 50+ trips and was
photographed with something like 170 different paddlers. Bud was also
posed for a number of bizarre, outlandish or twisted photo
opportunities. Like so:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...43393545BoqYmu

The unintended consequence of carrying the icon on every trip is that I
am almost guaranteed to take a few photographs (previously I would haul
a 35mm Nikon on every trip and often not take it out of the case).