DSK DSK is offline

Default Getting to the bottom of it... (Ablative question)

Jere Lull wrote:
I did say "slightly". Having tried to do more work on top of epoxy, I
won't do it again.

I wonder if the problem was amine blush. This is a waxy film
that develops across the surface of most epoxies as they cure.

I've done secondary bonds using epoxy quite a lot... both
epoxy to epoxy, and epoxy to polyester... and found it to be
so much superior to polyester that I won't even bother with
polyester resin any more.

One problem with epoxy is that it can form a much more dense
surface and be very much harder to work/shape than
polester... an argument in favor of getting it right the
first time. Using peel ply & barrier film helps a lot!

Fresh Breezes- Doug king