posted to rec.boats.racing
Andy Champ Andy Champ is offline

Default Is there any evidence that wing blades improve your speed forsea kayak racing?

Schöön Martin wrote:

writes:

Just wondering if there is unequivical evidence that wing blades work.
I did my first race this week averaging around 6min30 sec for 6 kms
How much faster can go with wing blades. Im using a soltice gt. Also, i
cant really move my knees up and down in the soltice as cockpit is so
confining.

I have no idea but not being a kayaker I must ask what you mean by
"averaging around 6min30 sec for 6 kms". Surely not that 6 km took
you 6.5 minutes because that would mean 29.9 knots of average speed
or a new world record for human powered water craft by a rather wide
margin.

Runners talk about "6 minute miles" I'll guess that's 6:30 per Km. 4kts
or so, much more reasonable!

Andy