posted to rec.boats.building
RLM RLM is offline

Default circuit for running two bulbs from one run of 2 conductor wire?

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 20:00:25 +0200, Heikki wrote:

RLM wrote:

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 09:01:31 +0000, ray lunder wrote:
I saw this once using an off-on-off 3 pole switch (? it had 6 lugs)
and some diodes but I can't remember where. The switch is connected to
a 2 conductor wire that goes to a lense with two different bulbs in
it. [...]

You will have to COPY and PASTE diagrams to a text editor such as
'Notepad' with fixed font to read. No diodes required.

I think the key point in the original question was that 2 conductor wire.
Your diagrams seemed to need three conductors. If there can be three
conductors between the switch and the bulbs, your solution works fine (or
if you can use something else (metal hull?) for return). But with only two
wires available, some trickery is needed. The solution with 2 diodes is
probably the simplest.

- Heikki

Copy and paste to notepad. This should work.
I see what you mean now! Thanks, I'll remember that.

A D
\ /
\ /
\ /