JohnH JohnH is offline

Default OT Glad for Vonage!

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 16:18:11 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

JohnH wrote:
On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 16:02:04 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

JohnH wrote:
On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 14:35:30 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:
JohnH wrote:
On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 11:17:38 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

basskisser wrote:
This morning the phones in the neighborhood where I live were all out.
I didn't even know it, because I have comcast high speed and vonage! I
asked the Bellsouth Technician why he was checking the line in front of
my house, because I was going to tell him it's dead to my house because
I don't have Bellsouth. He said he was checking because some digital
device that serves the whole neighborhood went out, and they are trying
to restore service!!!

Wonderful. Our security alarm system sent out a letter recently
advising customers NOT to transfer to VOIP unless they leave a wired
traditional phone line in place or subscribe to a special, new,
expensive cell service.

Wanna guess why?

The security company says it is working on a VOIP solution but so
far, it "is not reliable."
If the security company isn't reliable, I'd get a new one.

You've identified many reasons why you can't switch to VOIP. That's a
shame, and we all feel sorry for you.
Most of the major home security company connect lines do not work with
VOIP, I've since learned.
Harry,

Save yourself the money on home security. Just keep the sign and forget
the service. The cops make responding to a home security call the
absolutely lowest priority call because 99.999999% of them are false
alarms.

By the time the cops show up at at your home the burglar has either
killed you both or has removed everything of value and is in the next
state.
I have no idea why you keep offering me unsolicited advice. I've told
you several times I have no interest in your expertise-less pronouncements.

A deputy sheriff lives down the road a bit from me. I assure you, we
have fast response here.
Unsolicited advice?

To NOYB: "That's probably the dumbest non-political post you've ever made.
Bet you don't know why, either."

I'll bet you'll tell him, whether he solicits your aid or not!

Reggie is just trying to help you not make a huge fool of yourself.

NOYB and I engage in badinage. "Reggie" is an asshole. My opinion of him
hasn't changed a bit over the years. He's pretty much clueless about
everything.

Not so. He's provided you with good, thoughtful advice. You should be
thanking him.

You putting the make on "reggie"?

JimmyH is my one and only true love. You've not noticed? He's the one I
wear *my* earring for.

***** Hope your day is great! *****

John