Reginald P. Smithers III Reginald P. Smithers III is offline

Default OT Glad for Vonage!

Harry Krause wrote:
basskisser wrote:
This morning the phones in the neighborhood where I live were all out.
I didn't even know it, because I have comcast high speed and vonage! I
asked the Bellsouth Technician why he was checking the line in front of
my house, because I was going to tell him it's dead to my house because
I don't have Bellsouth. He said he was checking because some digital
device that serves the whole neighborhood went out, and they are trying
to restore service!!!

Wonderful. Our security alarm system sent out a letter recently advising
customers NOT to transfer to VOIP unless they leave a wired traditional
phone line in place or subscribe to a special, new, expensive cell service.

Wanna guess why?

The security company says it is working on a VOIP solution but so far,
it "is not reliable."

Harry,
If your ISP is as unreliable as you have stated, there is no way I would
make a change. For some of us, our ISP is just as reliable as MaBell,
or more so, but are much more of a consumer oriented company.

How often do you lose your ISP connection and for how long? Is this a
local problem with the wires running to your home or is it a problem
with everyone in your neck of the woods?

Comcast has buried all their wires in my area and just never seem to
have any problems. MaBell and the Power Company still have their lines
above ground so they are at the mercy of falling limbs, lighting,
animals,car accidents etc.