Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default It's not fuel prices that's going to kill the boat market

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..

And I would think all those high dollar houses near and on the water are
going to take a beating on their market value because of these things
related to insurance and insurability.

Wait until all those interest-only mortgages start coming due...that
market is going to collapse and blow wide open.

When we first bought a house in Jupiter, Fl. in 2001, we were unable to get
a full insurance policy due to the effects of Andrew on the insurance
companies. Nobody was accepting new policy applications. A couple of years
later some companies started writing policies again ... until we got three
hurricanes in one year.

House insurance, at least in the area we were in, has become prohibitively
expensive, if you can even get it. We were very lucky to sell when we did.

Eisboch