NOYB NOYB is offline

Default It's not fuel prices that's going to kill the boat market

It's insurance! Or lack thereof. In Florida, it is now impossible to
insure a boat over 30' long valued at more than $100,000 if the boat:

a) doesn't have a trailer

and/or

b) is more than 5 model years old (2001 and older are uninsurable if they're
over 30 feet and valued at more than $100,000)

I just applied for quotes from NBOA, Boater's Choice, Progressive, and 2 or
three others. All said the same thing: no dice.

Progressive was willing to write my boat for $100,000 coverage (it's valued
at $113k though) to the tune of $4500/year.

I'm with Boat/US, and insured for $113,000 for just under $3000/year. I was
looking to save some money, and it's apparent that that isn't going to
happen.

Read this thread on thehulltruth.com to understand how bad it is in Florida
now:

http://www.thehulltruth.com/forums/t...114956&start=1

Guys cannot get financing on boats because they can't insure them.