posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default 1987 First 235 Great Deal

Scotty wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com..
.

DSK wrote:

But taking these boats ouot of circulation will reduce

the
supply and keep up the demand so that the rest of us

will be
able to sell our boats one day for more than a pittance.
Thus is The Balance maintained.

No doubt, we seen 100+ storm boats go thru our

shipyard...

The same seller who has the benny has this gem in the

rough:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6232-...eoy-Lee_W0QQit
emZ280019604565QQihZ018QQcategoryZ63731QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

Sure is a nice fixer upper.

You call this a fixer upper?

Vessel was damaged and submerged during hurricane. The decks
buckled.

Buckled decks...big deal! probley from the crushed hull, fis the hull
and the decks fall in place.

Both hull sides cracked and crushed from deck to
water line.

NICE CLEAN BREAK, makes for a nice scab

Fractures to hull are complete.

That's good...no hidden damage!

Teak decking is loose and in poor condition.

Little glue and sanding..that's all.

Windows are in
fair condition with some broken.

Glass and glazing compond..10 bucks!

Gauges and controls were
all submerged and are in poor condition.

just rinse them, they will be fine, what and oil and temp gauge cost
anyway? 30 bucks each at Auto-Zone.

Interior of vessel
is in complete disarray with mud and debris throughout. All
upholstery is wet and muddy and headliner is stained.

Thats good, salvage the hardware, trim ect, make a clean gut, gotta get
at the hull to scab the cracks, maybe add a few new stringers anyway.

Vessel
has a 1993 32hp Picies diesel 3 cylinder inboard. Engine was
submerged and is seized.

WD 40, emery cloth and a wooden mallet! problem fixed..

Lot's of elbow grease, couple rolls of glass mat, 55 gallon drum of
resin, plywwood, and BAM you have a sweet little cruiser...no
problem...if you have the spare time :0)

Joe