posted to rec.boats.electronics
[email protected] powercat@verizon.net is offline

Default shoot-through transducers, mineral oil, and adhesive

Thanks for your replies. I have a Grady-White that has lots of foam in
the hull with one thin area in the stern (as noted by the
manufacturer). Placing a transducer there yields a clear bottom scan
with a thin line at the surface (the hull) that doesn't seem to mess up
the readings to a noticeable degree.

All I really want is some assistance in avoidance of running aground in
the tributaries of Chesapeake Bay where I fish. Looks like this method
will work for me and minimize the bubble risk with epoxy.

Thanks again.