Geoff Schultz Geoff Schultz is offline

Default lifelines with out PVC coating?

"Capt. JG" wrote in news:12eh93v7qls6u04
@corp.supernews.com:

Has anyone done this? It seems like the PVC just contributes to life line
degradation. If so, what was your source for the wire/fittings?

Since this question is being posted in rec.boats.CRUISING instead of a racing
forum I'll point out that life lines are also used as clothes lines and
there's no way that any woman that I know of would hang clothes on a SS line
that probably has specks of rust on it. You probably would get a lot of
chaffing from uncoated wire also.

-- Geoff