posted to rec.boats.building
Heikki Heikki is offline

Default circuit for running two bulbs from one run of 2 conductor wire?

ray lunder wrote:

I saw this once using an off-on-off 3 pole switch (? it had 6 lugs)
and some diodes but I can't remember where. The switch is connected to
a 2 conductor wire that goes to a lense with two different bulbs in
it. In one switch position one bulb lights, in the other position the
first bulb goes off and the second bulbs lights instead. (the bulbs
could be different wattage or color). In the center position both
bulbs are off. You saved one wire run. Any ideas?

Elementary, dear Watson: Connect diodes in series with the bulbs, so they
only work in one "direction". Depending which of the two wires you connect
to plus and which to minus, one or the other bulb lights.

-H